What does extended/intense use maintenance include?
The extended/intense use maintenance service of a Leica Total Station is a very labor intensive job. Our trained and certified service technicians will spend nearly 2 days dismantling and rebuilding your total station! This includes:
- Complete disassembly and reconstruction of the focus drive system with new lubrication.
- Cleaning and realignment of optical system prisms and lenses.
- Adjustments to laser paths for optimal system measurements.
- Electronic Distance Measurement (EDM) calibration using our monthly calibrated baseline.
- Automatic Target Recognition (ATR) and PowerSearch system calibration using the latest in Leica service software.
- Cleaning and lubrication of horizontal and vertical gear system, with functionality tests designed to ensure peak operation in high stress environments.
- Cleaning and lubrication of horizontal standing and vertical tilting axis, with mechanical collimation tolerances exceeding standard specifications!
- The lubrication of the axis is a big reason why you should get your Total Station maintained often! With fresh lubrication and calibration, a 5” instrument is just as good as a 1” mechanically! However, this lubrication has a lifespan, and as it degrades, so will the mechanical accuracy of your instrument.
Get your extended maintenance done today at any of our branches!